022 Got Carnist Questions? We Got Vegan Answers!
Ever get those tricky questions and statements from carnists that you just don’t know how to answer? “Don’t you care about plants? They have feelings too!” “I respect your decision to be vegan, you should respect my decision to eat meat,” and more! Plus, recap of day 2 of Vida Vedan Con 2015!
In This Episode
Callie and Nichole recap day two of Vida Vegan Con:
- Exploits of a Veganpreneur: Experience & Lessons Learned Through Growing Multiple Vegan Businesses by Miyoko Schinner of Miyoko’s Kitchen
- From Vegan Blogger to Internet Entrepreneur by Jill Pyle of Vegan Cuts
- Tweet Like You Give a Damn: Social Media & Why You’re Doing It Wrong (IMHO) by Brian Patton of The Sexy Vegan
- The New Vegan Economy Panel with Miyoko Schinner of Miyoko’s Kitchen, Ayinde Howell of The Lusty Vegan and Chris Rios, owner of The Vegan Nom
- Ethics of Vegan Dining & Boozing by Bianca Phillips of Vegan Crunk
Then the girls tackle five tough questions or statements that vegans get from carnists with their advice on how to respond:
- Plants have feelings, too!
- What about our family’s/culture’s traditions?!
- Veganism is elitist/privileged
- I respect your decision to be vegan, you should respect my decision to eat meat
- The Bible/God tells me to eat meat
Link and Resources
- Egg Prices Reach Record High as Bird Flu Toll Reaches 45 Million
- 12 Year Old Becomes Youngest Nationally Recognized Animal Rights Activist
Screenshot that made Callie crack up
The Sexy Vegan was talking about things not to do in social media, and this slide was for “Don’t make random statements where you don’t explain what you’re talking about” and Callie lost her shit:
We both lost it when we realized the last emoticon was a bar graph. Pure brilliance.