053 Everybody was Facebook Fighting!
After both experiencing the wrath of Facebook in recent weeks, Nichole and Callie discuss fighting on social media – the frustrations, the doubts, the trolls.
In This Episode
Nichole recently got in a fight about sexism on her personal Facebook page; Callie was attacked by atheists when she tried to start a conversation about veganism in an atheist group. After their separate encounters, both girls worried about whether they were too “aggressive” “pushy” or “overreacting.”
This is a common phenomenon for people in the minority, any minority. When you try to fight for what is right, or speak your truth, the majority will rail against you, leaving you full of doubt about your right to have a voice.
There are no easy answers, but hopefully at least a lot of solidarity!
Links and Information
- FBI Now Tracking Animal Abuse (Huffington Post)
- First Vegan Butcher Shop to Open in Minneapolis January 23 (Star Tribune)
- 6 Ways to Cook with Nutritional Yeast—There’s More Than Just Popcorn (Bon Appetit)
- Cattle Ranchers Try Vegan Jerky and Love It (VegNews)
Mentioned in this Episode
- New atheists must become new vegans: Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins and the extra burden on moral leaders (Salon)
- Letter From The Rubble Of A Salon Article (Banter)