059 Atheism & Veganism: an Interview with Kim Socha
VWPA welcomes honorary Vegan Warrior Princess Kim Socha to the show to talk about atheism and veganism: why atheists should be vegan, why they aren’t, and overlapping problems in both movements.
In This Episode
Kim Socha blew the doors off VWPA industries with her stellar interview. We talked about atheism and veganism, veganism and religion, sexism in the atheist and vegan movements, and many other big topics.
Kim published Animal Liberation and Atheism: Dismantling the Procrustean Bed, a book that inspired many of the topics discussed during the episode. If you enjoyed this interview with Kim, we highly recommend purchasing her book to delve further into these, and other, fascinating subjects.
Kim Socha, Ph.D., is a community college professor, animal advocate, and social justice activist.
She has written multiple books, including Animal Liberation and Atheism: Dismantling the Procrustean Bed, Confronting Animal Exploitation: Grassroots Essays on Liberation and Veganism, and Women, Destruction, and the Avant-Garde: A Paradigm for Animal Liberation ; and has been published in several publications on the topics of atheism, critical animal studies, veganism, feminism, and radical pedagogy.
Links and Information
- Whole Foods’ Ethically Sourced Beef Supplier Destroys Over 1,000 Wild Horses (Cowspiracy)
- There’s a Recall on Milk Containing Too Much Poo (Ecorazzi)
Mentioned in this Episode
- New atheists must become new vegans: Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins and the extra burden on moral leaders by Steven Stankevicius: the article that blew up the atheist group on Facebook.
- Dominion: The Power of Man, the Suffering of Animals, and the Call to Mercy by Matthew Scully: a book from a religious perspective.
- Peter Singer – The Genius of Darwin: The Uncut Interviews with Richard Dawkins: a look at what Dawkins thinks of social justice movements and h ow he processes moral arguments.