075 Activism Depression
The princesses are having a hard time with the Orlando shooting tragedy, as well as other recent tragedies, feeling like it’s all too much. This is a raw, unstructured episode, just us talking about pain and frustration and feeling helpless.
In This Episode
Nichole and Callie, are feeling overwhelmed, depressed and hopeless due to recent tragedies in the news. They have a loose, emotional discussion about these feelings, trying to process them with the audience, hopefully putting a voice to some feelings that we are all having.
News Links & Resources
- Harambe the gorilla dies, meat-eaters grieve (LA Times)
- Extended video of Harambe shows gorilla holding the boy’s hand (Daily Mail)
Brock Turner Rape Case
- Court Papers Give Insight Into Standford Sex Assault (NY Times): This is a very thorough account of the entire case, the incident, and then details proof of a history of disturbing behavior by Brock Turner and direct refutes to claims made in his statement to the judge.
- Brock Turner Will Only Serve 3 Months of His 6-Month Sentence for Sexual Assault (Mic)
- WATCH: CNN anchor reads gut-wrenching letter from Stanford rape survivor on air (Salon)
- Rape Victim to Brock Turner (Buzzfeed)
- From Victim’s Sister (Huffington Post)
- Brock Turner to Judge (The Guardian)
- Brock Turner’s Father to Judge (Huffington Post)
- Brock Turner’s Mother to Judge
Letters/Statements to Judge