111 Intersectionality Redux: a Response to the Unnatural Vegan- Part 2
We’re back with part 2 of our blow-by-blow breakdown of what is wrong with the Unnatural Vegan’s recent “Why I’m not an intersectional/social justice vegan” video, and also using this as an opportunity to go back and do intersectionality right.
In This Episode
Finishing up where we left off last week, we finsih our analysis of the Unnatural Vegan’s video about why she is not an intersectional slash social justice vegan, and give our final thoughts on the matter.
Links and Information
- The NRA has persuaded Congress to legalize the killing of bear cubs in wildlife refuges (ThinkProgress)
- 12-Year-Old Marley Dias Is Publishing An Activism Guide For Children And Teens (Bustle)
- CRISPR Scientists Are Bringing Woolly Mammoths Back From The Dead (I Fucking Love Science)
- Animal Testing Resumes For Avon, Mary Kay, And Estee Lauder (The Dog Files)
- School District Swaps Pepperoni Pizza for Plants (VegNews)
Mentioned in this Episode
- #BHM: Donate to Black Vegan Projects – Black Vegans Rock’s list of black vegan organizations, campaigns & projects that you can donate to
- Black feminism and intersectionality (International Socialist Review): great breakdown of the history of black feminism and intersectionality, including reference to the Matrix of Domination by Patricia Hill Collins mentioned in last week’s episode
- RE: “Dogmatic Justice vs. Morality/ Why I’m not an intersectional vegan” Unnatural Vegan: A Privileged Vegan’s AMAZING response to the latest follow up video by Unnatural Vegan
- Unnatural Vegan – The Miniseries: Reg Flowers is on 10 and it’s glorious.
- Unnatural Vegan’s Dogma About Intersectionality: Reg Flowers is still on 10, and it’s still glorious