123 Q&A: Dealing with Carnist Humor, Refusing Invitations, and Being Vulnerable with People We Love Most
We decided to answer some of the many questions we receive from listeners or see being posted in the VWPA Society. This week we tackle three variations of speaking up for yourself and for animals in varying social situations.
In This Episode
We took three questions that we had seen posted in the VWPA Society on Facebook to answer this week. We saw them as being linked to concerns around speaking up in different potentially awkward social situations.
- Someone in my choir group makes carnist jokes at my expense – what do I do?
- I was invited to a Kentucky Derby party – how do I turn down the event without endangering a potential friendship with the person who invited me?
- I have a really hard time talking about my veganism and vegan topics with people closest to me – why is this, and how do I overcome it?
Thank you to Rose, Cassie and Elizabeth for your questions!
Joke in the Middle
What do you call a computer that sings?
Links and Information
- Chimps Could Soon Win Legal Personhood (Yes Magazine)
- Second-Largest School District in the U.S. to Start Vegan Meal Pilot Program (PETA)
- Obama Sees New Front in Climate Change Battle: Agriculture (NY Times)
- McDonald’s Launches Vegan Burger in Norway (VegNews)