143 Dress Codes Suck! We Drink Whiskey & Read Some to Prove It
After a one episode break from our takedown of corporate culture, we’re back at it today talking about dress codes and how oppressive, awful and downright ridiculous they are. We read off some real ones to prove it!
In This Episode
Inspired by Callie’s recent experience at work, we decided to drink whiskey and read some real life actual dress codes. I mean, we also talk about how they are oppressive and educational blah blah but mostly we laugh a lot. Also, Nichole recaps the first 20 minutes of the 2007 Nic Cage hit, Next, and nearly loses her shit while doing so.
Joke in the Middle
“Our school’s dress codes are so strict….”
Links and Information
- World’s First Hologram Theater Will Be All Vegan (VegNews)
- Paleo Brand Halo Top Debuts Vegan Ice Cream Line (VegNews)
- Vegan Food Relief During Disasters (A Well-Fed World)
- ‘Close to genocide’: San Juan mayor’s dire appeal to US for Puerto Rico relief (The Guardian)
- Trump Lashes Out at Puerto Rico Mayor Who Criticized Storm Response (NY Times)
- ‘We can’t afford tofu’: Activist calls PETA’s go-vegan campaign in Detroit ‘racist BS’ (Detroit Free Press)
Articles Referenced in this Episode
- It’s Time to Rethink Eurocentric Office Dress Codes (Vice)
- You Call It Professionalism; I Call It Oppression in a Three-Piece Suit (Everyday Feminism)