211 On the Government Shutdown
We’re popping off about the government shutdown today – this irresponsible pressure test that we’re all failing. Plus, capitalism sucks. Shocking, coming from us, we know…
In This Episode
- A Vegan Slammed Aldi For Selling ‘Flexitarian’ Burgers – But Maybe Aldi’s Right (Plantbased News)
- Hawaii Bans Wild Animals In Circuses (Live Kindly)
Joke in the Middle
Why don’t lions like playing cards in the jungle?
We’re very cranky this week, be warned. Today Callie pops off about the government shutdown while Nichole tries to form coherent sentences, up until she finds a burst of rage-energy near the end.
We talk about how fucked up the shutdown is, how many people are affected and how those people may never recover their lost wages. But we also talk about the rash of “heartwarming” stories being shared and how they are not heartwarming at all, rather a way to keep us all focused on the “good” so we don’t get pissed enough to fucking riot, like we should.
- Q&A: Everything You Should Know About Government Shutdowns (CRFB)
- What Is and Isn’t Affected by the Government Shutdown (NY Times)
- As Shutdown Grinds On, Internal FAA E-Mail Warns Workers About ‘Political Activity’ (The Young Turks)
- There are no “feel-good” government shutdown stories (Vox)