035 Why It’s OK to Tone Police the Vegan Movement
In This EpisodeCallie realized, after having a debate online about Black Lives Matter, that while she’s firmly against tone policing in the social justice movements for humans, she’s for it for the vegan movement. We have to be careful about our approach to try to spread veganism, being abrasive or harsh is not the way to go. We do embrace all different avenues for activism, but disagree with methods that promote being aggressive or hostile to carnists. Nichole noted that the vegan movement is different from other social justice movements because the victims are unable to speak for themselves, so vegans are advocates instead of victims. It makes the entire approach different, because we have the responsibility of making people listen, since the victims, animals, cannot.
Links and InformationNews
- Anonymous Gives Final Warning Against Animal Cruelty Posted By Hunters on Facebook (JayClair.com)
- Canadian Turkey Breeder Found Guilty of Animal Cruelty (VegNews)
- MRSA Superbug in Supermark Pork Riases Alarm to Farming Risks (The Guardian)
- Emails Prove Government-Backed Egg Lobby Tried to Crack Food Startup (The Guardian)
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus at VMAs 2015 for Controversial Interview (EW.com)
- Taylor Swift & Nicki Minaj’s Twitter Argument: A Full Timeline of the Disagreement (Billboard.com)
If you love us, share us!