063 Zero Waste & Veganism with the Zero Waste Guy
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSSJonathan Levy, the “Zero Waste Guy,” joins the Princesses to talk about zero waste, veganism, and the small steps we can all take towards reducing waste!
In This EpisodeJonathan Levy, the Zero Waste Guy, talks with Nichole and Callie about his journey into veganism through his zero waste lifestyle. He discusses the similarities between living a zero waste life and a vegan life – the two are closer than you might think! The trio also chat about the wastefulness of large events, tips for ways you can start reducing your waste, and the hierarchy that exists in both lifestyles.
Jonathan Levy has a Bachelor of Science, Technology and Operations Management and a certificate in Sustainable Resource Management. He consults with with a variety of companies and organizations on recycling and organics diversion projects, including Republic Services, Los Angeles, Unified School District, Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department and Los Angeles County Department of Public Works. Additionally, Jonathan is the Zero Waste Guy, which is a blog that he created to help other everyday folks find ways to reduce their impact on the planet without getting totally overwhelmed. Zero Waste Guy has great, easy tips and tricks on reducing, or refusing, waste, as well as Jonathan’s musings on living a vegan, zero waste life.
Links and InformationNews
- Raw Milk Sickens Senators During Raw Milk Bill Festivities (VegNews)
- Chile’s Salmon Farms Lose $800 Million as Algal Bloom Kills Millions of Fish (The Guardian)
- In Switzerland Its Illegal to Own Just One Guinea Pig Due to Loneliness (Techly)
- Victory: SeaWorld Will Never Breed Orcas Again (The Dodo)
- The Story of Stuff: an amazing 20 minute video that shows where our stuff actually comes from, and where it goes, drawing connections between many environmental and social issues through the lens of our insatiable consumerism.
- Your Lifestyle Has Already Been Designed (Raptitude): article about how 40 hour work weeks make us prone to consumption
- Use lent as an excuse to give up these seven items for good: Zero Waste Guy article with GREAT tips for making small changes.
If you love us, share us!
This does not mean all cosmetics are vegan as you know. Because they can still contain ingredients made from animals. There is still testing on animals for bio medics. But I am very happy with every step in the good direction 🙂