074 Labels & Identity
In This EpisodeWe broke this talk into three sections: Why choose to use a label?
- Labels can help you figure out who you are (especially if you are going through changes)
- They don’t have to be concrete, just because you use a label doesn’t mean you are committed for life
- Builds strength & character
- You don’t necessarily want to use them lightly, but also don’t stress too much about being perfect first
- Labels can help you feel connected to others especially if the direction you’re headed isn’t A “popular” one
- Worried about alienating people
- Feel they haven’t “earned it yet”
- See others getting ripped to shreds over not doing it right
- Labels can be for ourselves, yet it’s common for other people to take them over/taint them
- Taking over or turning labels into something gross is a tactic, (if we are comfortable) we shouldn’t let other dictate what a label means (e.g., feminism)
- Callie tells a work story
Cykochik giveaway!!!Giveaway details:
• One original black and white The Humane League embroidered vegan leather wristlet:
• Open to US residents only, 18+ years of age
• Cykochik will select a random winner and VWPA will announce it
• Cykochik will send the winner’s prize How to enter:
• To enter, go to: Cykochik VWPA Giveaway Page About Cykochik:
Cykochik is the first fashion brand to collaborate with The Humane League in creating a cruelty-free vegan handbag collection! We are an official year-round partner of The Humane League, working together to create a more compassionate world for all living beings through our food and fashion choices. Cykochik donates 10% of profits from the sales of the The Humane League Cause Collection to support The Humane League’s work for farm animals!
Links and Information
- Why So Many Israeli Soldiers are Going Vegan (NPR)
- U.S. Bans Commercial Trade of African Elephant Ivory (NY Times)
If you love us, share us!