085 Mixed Bag: Advice, Rants & More!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSSThe princesses had a lot of random shit to talk about this week, so we put it all together in a mixed bag episode! We announce a new advice segment on the show, each rant about something that’s pissing us off, announce upcoming travel and speaking events, go over a ton of news, and talk about the efficacy of telling non-vegans that they don’t love animals if they eat them.
In This EpisodeAmong the many topics covered today: Advice
We announce the start of an advice segment on the show, and kick it off by answering listener Lexi’s question: “I’m a bridesmaid in my brother’s upcoming wedding, and I’m being told I have to pay $100 for food and snacks that day but it won’t be vegan and I can’t afford it anyway. What do I do!?” Rants
Nichole rages about Vita Coco’s body-shaming lies on the side of their coconut water containers; Callie rails about dudes on OK Cupid messaging her when they are like a 30% match and have hella serious conflicts in morals. Upcoming Travel/Events
- August 26 (Friday) – Animal Place’s Vegan Republic: We’ll be doing a live, updated version of our Annoying Questions episode from 6-8pm.
- September 10 (Saturday) – Salt Lake City VegFest: We’ll be tabling with Jeremy and Jordan from Which Side Podcast, and doing a presentation with them.
- October 22-23 (Saturday & Sunday) – VegFest UK in London: We’ll be attending VegFest in London, we are so excited! We’ll be creating a meet and greet event in London soon!
- October 24 (Sunday) – Pro-Intersectional Vegan Conference: We’ll be attending this conference in London and hopefully meeting all the people we respect and admire so much!
The “main” topic of the day, if there really is one, is Nichole and Callie discussing the merits, if any, of telling non-vegans that they don’t really love animals if they eat meat. While we understand the sentiment, this tactic doesn’t serve much of a purpose and only serves to create a combative atmosphere between vegans and non-vegans, plus it greatly oversimplifies the complexities of human emotions.
Links and InformationNews
- Gorillas Seen Dismantling Poachers’ Traps in the Wild for the First Time Ever (True Activist)
- Portland Vegan Dinner to Benefit Black Lives Matter (VegNews)
- Vegan Wins Gold Medal at World Surfing Games (VegNews)
- Ice Cream Shop Worker Creates Vegan Flavor (VegNews)
- Darden Restaurants Ripping Off Workers (US Uncut)
If you love us, share us!