121 Using Violent Imagery in Activism
In This EpisodeThis week we kick it old school by tackling an issue from a philosophical standpoint: violent imagery in activism. We first briefly review two studies that look at the efficacy of violent imagery in activism; then we move onto consent, namely the consent of the viewer; and then we finish up by talking about how graphic images can objectify the victims. Joke in the Middle:
What do you call a bear with no teeth?
Links and InformationNews
- Dozens of Wisconsin dairy farms could be forced out of business because of trade dispute (JS Online)
- Federal Court Orders Factory Farms to Report Pollution (VegNews)
- Los Angeles School District Looks to Add Vegan Meals to School Lunch Program (Organic Authority)
- How Do Graphic Images Affect Animal Advocacy? (Striking at the Roots)
- What is the most effective outreach video? (Faunalytics)
If you love us, share us!