123 Q&A: Dealing with Carnist Humor, Refusing Invitations, and Being Vulnerable with People We Love Most
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSSWe decided to answer some of the many questions we receive from listeners or see being posted in the VWPA Society. This week we tackle three variations of speaking up for yourself and for animals in varying social situations.
In This EpisodeWe took three questions that we had seen posted in the VWPA Society on Facebook to answer this week. We saw them as being linked to concerns around speaking up in different potentially awkward social situations. Questions
- Someone in my choir group makes carnist jokes at my expense – what do I do?
- I was invited to a Kentucky Derby party – how do I turn down the event without endangering a potential friendship with the person who invited me?
- I have a really hard time talking about my veganism and vegan topics with people closest to me – why is this, and how do I overcome it?
What do you call a computer that sings?
Links and InformationNews
- Chimps Could Soon Win Legal Personhood (Yes Magazine)
- Second-Largest School District in the U.S. to Start Vegan Meal Pilot Program (PETA)
- Obama Sees New Front in Climate Change Battle: Agriculture (NY Times)
- McDonald’s Launches Vegan Burger in Norway (VegNews)
If you love us, share us!