128 Pro-Intersectional Review of The Handmaid’s Tale (Season 1)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSSThe third installment of our media review series is season 1 of The Handmaid’s Tale, a cautionary tale about white feminism that ends up, well, replicating white feminism.
In This EpisodeIn this giant episode, we do our best to cover themes brought up in the ten episodes of season 1 of the Hulu original, The Handmaid’s Tale. We loved the first three episodes and found the show entertaining overall, but were disappointed to find later episodes devolving into racist and sexist issues. Joke in the Middle
Why can’t you hear pterodactyls when they go to the bathroom?
Links and InformationNews
- Trump Administration Scraps New Protection For Endangered Whales, Sea Turtles (Huffington Post)
- Lawmaker Breaks Chicken’s Neck On Camera To Announce Anti-Abortion Bill (Huffington Post)
- Amazon to Buy Whole Foods for 13.7 Billion (Wallstreet Journal)
- Moira Deserved Better in The Handmaid’s Tale’s Penultimate Episode (The MarySue)
- In Its First Season, The Handmaid’s Tale’s Greatest Failing Is How It Handles Race (Vulture)
- It’s even harder to watch ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ when you know Black women’s history (Water Cooler Conversations)
- #ARTooWhite: The Animal Rights Conference 2017 speaker’s list has been published and it’s like real real white.
If you love us, share us!