134 Stockholm Syndrome: a Tale as Old as Time! (Beauty & the Beast Review)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSSWhatâ€™s up, kids?! Callie and Nichole are back together in the studio, this week having a little fun critiquing Beauty & the Patriarchy, I mean, er, cough, Beauty & the Beast – Disneyâ€™s live action version of their timeless classic Stockholm Syndrome manual!
In This EpisodeWe break down how NOT feminist the new Beauty and the Beast live action remake is, despite Emma Watsonâ€™s claims to the contrary. Plus, a small announcement about the show! Joke in the Middle
Why wonâ€™t anyone let Elsa hold the balloon?
Links and InformationNews
- Cows Milk Can Now Be Advertised as Inhumane (Live Kindly)
- Plant-based Food Firm Daiya Bought for $325.97 Million by Pharma Company Otsuka (Food Dive)
- Love and Stockholm Syndrome: The Mystery of Loving an Abuser (Counseling Resource)
- Beauty and the Beast is a Pretty Film Disguising the Ugly Beast of Misogyny (QZ)
- Beauty and the Beast: Feminist or Fraud? (The Guardian)
- A Feminist Criticism Of Beauty And The Beast (Odyssey Online)
- Beauty and the Beast, Toxic Masculinity and Fake Feminism (Paste Magazine)
- Coming To Terms With â€˜Beauty And The Beastâ€™ And The Imperfect Feminism Of Disney (HuffPost)
If you love us, share us!