170 Body Positivity 101 with Jaime K from Save the Kales!
In This EpisodeWe talk to Jaime Karpovich of Save the Kales! this week about body positivity as it is today. Jaime breaks down for us what the movement looked like 20 years ago vs today, ways that it has been commercialized and misunderstood, and the difference between body positivity vs body neutrality vs body autonomy, all while giving helpful tips along the way! Content Warning: Mention of clothing size; mention of suicidal thoughts. At one point, Jaime mentions her clothing size. We kept it in because it’s relevant to her experience and to what she was saying at the time. There are no other mentions of weight or size throughout. Nichole briefly discusses how those who live with chronic pain also often live with suicidal thoughts. Joke in the Middle
Why was the carrot embarrassed?
Find Jaime K at:Website | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Links and InformationNews
- Cultured Meat To Hit India By 2025 (VegNews)
- CA Chain Refuses to Serve a Vegan Beyond Burger (VegNews)
- Open Trio Plant-based restaurant in Minneapolis (KickStarter)
- On Being a Bad Vegan Fatty | Jenny Marie | The Veginning, Issue 4 (Vegan Labs)
- Change your world, not your body-the social impact of body love | Jes Baker | TEDxTucsonSalon (YouTube)
- The Fragility of Body Positivity | Evette Dionne (Bitch Media)
If you love us, share us!