214 About Dating and Stuff! So…We’re Both Queer…Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
In an unexpected turn of events, we decided to finally come out on today’s episode. Forgive us for being a bit scattered and a little tipsy!
In This Episode
- Vegan-led Children’s Protest Demands Adults Take Climate Action (VegNews)
- House Democrats Propose $15 Minimum Wage With New Majority (Huffington Post)
- 12-Year-Old Activist Challenges Pope Francis To Go Vegan for One Million Dollars (VegNews)
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Urges Kids to Save the Planet by Ditching Meat and Dairy (VegNews)
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Expertly Explains Our Corrupt Campaign Finance System in Just 5 Minutes (Elle)
What do you experience when you hear a clever joke? Thanks, John!
So…we initially recorded the main topic to talk about our experiences with cishet (cisgender, heterosexual) dating and our frustrations with the way we see gender roles reinforced and try to break away from them, but none of it really made sense without knowing that we have both realized over the last year or so that we are queer (both identify as pansexual) and Nichole is nonbinary (identifies as genderqueer, which she’ll talk about more on another episode).
Since this was taped late after dinner, it’s probably all over the place, but we’re happy and excited to be out so we can talk about our experiences more openly in the future. Happy Valentine’s!