226 “It Really Pushed Me Out of My Comfort Zone!” – Ableism and Anti-Consent in the Workplace
In This Episode
- Beyond Meat Has Top IPO of 2019 (VegNews)
- Trump Officials Want to Veto UN Measure Opposing Rape as Weapon of War (Truth Out)
- U.S. Forces and Allies Killed More Afghan Civilians in Early 2019 Than the Taliban (Democracy Now)
- Abortions by mail are available now in the US. Here’s what you need to know. (Vox)
- California Bans the Sale of Most Cosmetics Tested on Animals (ALDF)
- People think China have stopped asking brands to test on animals, but this isn’t actually true and we are shook (Glamour Magazine UK)
- ‘The Matrix’ hit theaters 20 years ago. Many scientists and philosophers still think we’re living in a simulation. (Business Insider)
- Mr. Rogers meme (Instagram)
Joke in the MiddleI used to work in a clown shoe factory…
Other Things in the MiddleWe’ll be speaking at the 2019 Animal Rights Conference!!! Hope to see you there!
Main TopicNichole recently had a traumatizing experience at work that made her want to talk about all the ways that our jobs force us to do things with our bodies that cause us pain, discomfort, trauma with a smile on our faces. So many commonplace work activities are steeped in ableism and anti-consent, and yet to say anything targets you as “not a team player,” or worse.
If you love us, share us!