242 Rise & Grind Culture, Suffering for Your Art, and Other Thoughts (Part 2)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSSWe’re continuing our conversation inspired by Hannah Gadsby’s Nanette on Netflix, and a ColdCrashPictures YouTube video critiquing harmful cliches in the art industry, particularly the film industry, around “rise and grind” culture and the idea of suffering for your art, starving artist syndrome, etc.
In This EpisodeNews
- Joe Biden Says ‘Poor Kids’ Are Just as Bright as ‘White Kids’ (NY Times)
- The Supreme Court Will Decide Whether You Can Be Fired For Not Being Girly Enough (Vice)
- Electoral college members not bound by popular vote, court rules (LA Times)
- The Amazon Cannot Be Recovered Once It’s Gone (The Atlantic)
- The Amazon is burning because the world eats so much meat (CNN)
If you love us, share us!