216 Media Recommendations: Trashy TV that Isn’t Garbage & Advice: Am I Holding a Grudge or Just Having Good Boundaries?
In This EpisodeNews
- Trevor Noah Defends Vegan Cory Booker Against Fox News’ Silly Scandal (VegNews)
- The Supreme Court Just Struck a Huge, Unanimous Blow Against Policing For Profit (Slate)
- Inmate dies after collapsing in jail cell (Fox5 San Diego)
- Planned Parenthood barred from Title X under final draft rule (Modern Healthcare.com)
- The Hard Lessons of Diane Feinstein’s Encounter With The Young Green New Deal Activists (New Yorker)
- Black Lightning (Netflix | The CW): Black-centric superhero show with awesome queer and female representation.
- The Orville (Hulu | Fox): A shockingly good sci-fi, Star Trek-inspired show that tackles gay and trans issues, religion, diplomacy around conflicting ethics, and more.
- Sex Education (Netflix): Gillian Anderson stars as a sex therapist whose awkward son becomes a sex therapist for other teens at his school. Handles consent, body acceptance, self-esteem, sexuality, inexperience, and other high school issues really well.
- You (Netflix): Nichole is OBSESSED (hehe, get it?? They do this kind of joke a LOT) with this show; about a stalker from the stalker’s point-of-view. Always frames his behavior as disturbing, not romantic, and has a lot of surprisingly “woke” lines about white privilege, gay acceptance, etc.
If you love us, share us!